108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM422 Wireless problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chasman2001uk
Occasional Visitor

MSM422 Wireless problems

We have a wireless network setup using MSM422s and a controller, we have 2 SSID's setup at the moment on 2 different vlans. We want to setup a 3rd SSID on a different VLAN.

We have created the VSC and bound it to VLAN 9 which is the correct one, on our switches we have multiple vlans and VLAN 9 on these are the same as the wireless points. They are untagged from the default and tagged for the correct VLAN.

We can see the SSID when we browse with a device but it will not connect and give me an IP address on the correct range, the dhcp range is 192.168.108.1 - 60, this has been setup in the dhcp scope and is active.

Do I need to tell the wireless ssid which vlan and IP range to use if so how do I do this or am I missing something else out.

Thanks

Charles

2 REPLIES 2
DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

You didn't mention if you have a controller in this setup - if so, you'll need to set the egress vlan under the VSC bindings for the AP group.  If not, you'll have to set the egress network in the VSC on the autonomous AP.

----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer
Chasman2001uk
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi

I did mention we had a controller in the first line.

We have now sorted the problem, I had missed out 1 little stage which was setting the Helper IP address, once we did this it was working like a charm

Thanks

Charles