4687 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM422 in autonomous mode equal users between radios

Marcel Kerkvliet
Occasional Contributor

MSM422 in autonomous mode equal users between radios

Hi All,

I'm using one MSM422 in autonomous mode, providing connectiviy for only 20 laptops.

I've set both radios to 802.11b/g mode and all clients are connecting at 54Mbps speed ( all in the same room ).
I'm trying to equal the clients on the two radios, but most of the clients keep associating to one of the 2 ( depends of which channel the radio's are on and the SNR the experience ).
As far as I can see most of the client connects to the radio with the best SNR ( that seems verry logical ) but in a try to get the best utilization of bandwith I would like to equal the clients on the two radio's.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Sorry for the bad english

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Jouni Kosonen
Advisor

Hello Marcel,

I can see what you are trying to accomplish with that configuration, but I am affraid that your configuration is not valid. Having both radio's in b/g mode is not really going to boost up the performance of your AP.

What I would recommend you to do (assuming that you have b and g client's and no n- or a- capable clients) would be to use following radio configuration to achieve the max. performance from the AP.

radio 1: g mode only
radio 2: b mode only
Marcel Kerkvliet
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer Jouni.

The fact is the laptops are al at the same room and exact the same model. The suggestion you made should bring me a couple of latop's with a slower connection as they are connected at the B standard.

I'm thinking of creating another VSC and map it to one specific radio and also do this for the VSC already configured. Then let 10 of the laptops connect to the first VSC and the other 10 to the other. This way I can force the use of bolth radio's at the highest possible standard.

Not a best practice construction I think, but could be a nice workaround.