Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSM422 taking IP from DHCP despite being set for static

Highlighted
TGa
Occasional Visitor

MSM422 taking IP from DHCP despite being set for static

Hi!

I'm new to these forums so I hope this has gone into the right spot...

We have been running an MSM765 with 16 MSM422s for a long time now.

Every time i do a firmware update, we have all the addressing go screwy on the APs.

We have VLAN 2111 untagged on the AP ports, and VLAN 3011 tagged on the AP ports.

The APs all have reserved IPs on our DHCP server on VLAN 2111.

They all have the same static addresses configured under APName -> Provisioning -> Connectivity as the reservation on the DHCP server.

Despite this, the APs are still chosing to take a DHCP address from VLAN 3011, instead of the untagged VLAN via either reservation or the static configuration that has been indicated.

This has now become more than an inconvenience as we must update our firmware to support controller teaming, and my wireless network is unusable until I can get the APs sending RADIUS requests via the correct IP and VLAN.

The only thing that I can see that could be plausible, is that the DHCP system for the untagged VLAN is issuing IPs in the 172.21.129.0/255.255.255.128 range and IPs in the 172.21.0.0/255.255.255.128 range for the tagged VLAN... is it possible that the APs would be preferring the lower (numerically) address?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
TGa
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSM422 taking IP from DHCP despite being set for static

Corretion on those addresses in the last paragraph... the subnet masks should be 255.255.128.0.