4595 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM430 firmware update

vtamlist
Frequent Visitor

MSM430 firmware update

Hi

i've one MSM430 configured in controlled mode...

AP has an old version of firmware and i cannot modify via CLI funcional mode from controlled to autonomous...

I've a new versione of firmware

V5.7.5.0-MSM410-MSM430-MSM460-MSM466-MSM466R-B19542.cim but i've no idea how load it into AP: i've read a lot of post and i'm using TFTP32 but TFTP do no start with a series of error...

I don't know if a need a startup.cim file or no...

can give me any suggestion ?!?

thanks

claudio

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello,

First of all you have to be aware that the APs have limited software warrantly. Depending on the purchase data it is 1 year or 3 years.

When an AP is in controlled mode the firmware can be updated only by the controller. You update the controller and the controller brings all the APs to the same version.

If you want to use the AP in autonomous mode, you should convert it to autonomous mode via the web GUI. You have to isolate it in a separate VLAN  so it cannot rediscover the controller or a DHCP server. Then perform a reset to factory defaults with the reset button (Using a tool such as a paper clip, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds until the front status lights blink three times). After the reset the AP should configure itself with 192.168.1.1. Configure a static IP in this range on your PC and connect it in the same VLAN. You should be able to access the GUI of the AP using 192.168.1.1. The default username and passwords are admin/admin. Once you logged in you will see a button "Switch to autonomous mode" The AP will restart in autonomous mode. Once in autonomous mode you can use the full featured web GUI to perform the update.

Here some links for reference:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5037566&docId=emr_na-c04915287&docLocale=en_US

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5037566&docId=emr_na-c03127685&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

vtamlist
Frequent Visitor

"Once you logged in you will see a button "Switch to autonomous mode" "

Operational mode cannot be changed ! Why ?!?

AP.JPG

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello

This is indeed very strange.

I would suggest that you call your local support. They can give you instructions on how to recover the image via TFTP. They will also send you the necessary image. The AP has life-time HW warranty so you dont need a support contract for this.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo