1752777 Members
6165 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM460 Clients getting wrong IP

Stephen Swain
Frequent Advisor

>  Go into AP Configuration, Provisioning, Discovery and manually set the discovery to use No VLAN and the correct port.

Correction:

IT should have been Controlled APs -> Provisioning -> Connectivity -> Base Group

Tick Port 1 and select No VLAN.

I should have checked my answer last night before posting. :)

Regards,

Steve.

MortenM
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your tip, Stephen!

I will also try this today, and post the results here.

Regards,

Morten Marstrander

BGraham_1
Frequent Advisor

I tried the teh solution suggested and I stil am seeing clients with IPs from the management VLAN. The band steering did not affect this issue as I had thought earlier. I am now seeing this issue on radio 1 as well.

I had another case open with HP and asked them about this issue. They said it sounded like a configuration issue and had me send the controller config and a "show tech" of the host switch. Since this is only happening on the MSM460s and all APs are in the same configuration group, I don't see how, but we will see....

Stay Tuned!

Stephen Swain
Frequent Advisor

Sorry my tip didn't help - it worked for my 422s.

You should be able to capture dhcp packets and determine what is going wrong. When you do troubleshoot with hp techs, they are probably going to do that anyway.

Btw, I've just recently started testing msm460s, and I did notice something strange with the provisioning and discovery manual settings. I tried to force one 460 via discovery to use an alternate 765zl, and the setting did not work at all. On the 422s it did. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet, but I might do some further testing on the 460s and the Connectivity settings and try and figure out if it is a 460 specific problem.

Stephen Swain
Frequent Advisor

ps. I retested the 460s, and they do act as required.

What's the vlan setup look like on the switch, "sh vlan ports XX det" will show it?

Do you run gvrp at all? I've had problems in past with gvrp and trunk ports to ip phones or APs, it's more stable turned off.

Stephen Swain
Frequent Advisor

> I tried the teh solution suggested and I stil am seeing clients with IPs from the management VLAN

Just thinking about this again, did you sync the change, then restart the AP?

Can you also try for a problem AP the Maintenance>Factory Reset, then try the testing again?

I find settings sometimes don't apply fully until I factory reset the AP and reapply the config.

Thanks,

Steve.

BGraham_1
Frequent Advisor

I only synced the APs afterward. I will reset the m to factory defaults tonight and see how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bob

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Connectivity settings (changing ip address, from dhcp->static, vlan etc) will always need a reboot of the AP to take effect. Its noted in the operations PDF but sadly not in the webgui.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

ISoliman
Super Advisor

I have a customer reporting the same issue of Clients disconnection, all the APs are MSM460 and running the same version mentioned above in the other posts, there is a new version 5.5.3 did anybody try that one? and any update regarding the case opened with the support ?? I really appreciate any update on this issue.

Thanks in Advance for the help

tasel

We have the same issue - client  obtain wrong ip on MSM760 controller + MSM430 AP. Our's firmware verison is

Did you find any solution.

Regards.