1751843 Members
5394 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM460 Clients getting wrong IP

gglater
Regular Advisor

@BGraham_1, the case you opened for this issue indicates that support was able to help resolve the DHCP issues that you were having with a software fix.  These issues include self-assigned addresses and clients getting DHCP addresses from the untagged VLAN of the MSM460 APs.

I'm glad that support was able to help.

I encourage anyone experiencing a problem to please open a case with HP Networking support so that we can help you to solve the problem that you are having.

Thank you.

--glen

gglater
Regular Advisor

Reading through this thread, I see several different problems described.  Some seem like mis-configurations, and some seem like they might indicate the need for software fixes. 

Other problems described here were solved months ago by the poster opening a case with support.

I encourage you to call HP Networking support and open a case if you are having a problem.   That way, you can get the assistance that you need.

Thank you.

--glen

acohenssv

I've found it also helps to set the Colubris DHCP options (check the end of the Configuration Guide), but only on the relevant scope/vlan that the APs should be picking up an address from.

Dom_User
Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys

I have been fighting with the same issue since last week and just today found this forum.

My MSM720 configured with 2 VLANs (VLAN 50 & VLAN 60 ) and AP MSM460.

I have 3 DHCP scopes configured on my controller.

Managment VLAN: 192.168.100.10 - 30

VLAN 50: 50.50.50.10-30

VLAN 60: 60.60.60.10-30

All APs are getting the IP Address from Managment VLAN.

I can see the problem once DHCP Scope for VLAN 50 or VLAN 60 is disabled.

Non of the clients connecting to the AP shouldn't get the IP Address as the scope has been disabled but it is getting the IP Address from the Managment scope which is not right.

The managment VLAN is untagged, VLAN 50 & 60 are both tagged.

Any fix or should I contact HP Support??

smacstech
Regular Visitor

I can cofirm we had this problem - our MSM460s were throwing out IPs on the management VLAN.

updating the firmware on the MSM765 to 

5.7.1.0-12379

solved the problem

our MSM460 Clients are now getting their correct IPs.

Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

I seem to be having a similar problem - just with a much later firmware version (6.6.8.0)

Our clients _occasionally_ get IP addresses from the management LAN, not from the assigned VLAN. We inspected the DHCP traffic and found out that the DHCP request is reproducably being sent via BOTH interfaces every time. Our assumption is that the occasional assignment of the "wrong" IP addresses is then just a matter of the race condition - it depends on which of the two packets reaches the DHCP server first.

Now since we're using a firmware far later than the one which is reported here as fixing the issue - could it be that we have a regression of the bug here?