1753789 Members
7395 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM460 - Recover Bricked AP

MB99
Occasional Contributor

MSM460 - Recover Bricked AP

Not sure how or why, but we seem to have managed to brick our MSM460 while using the SSH interface.

Using the Reset button (three-blinks and release) does not resolve the issue, and we can't access the management web interface.

The device will respond to a ping, but that is about all it does.

Is there any way to enter a recovery mode from the console, or some other recover trick ?

6 REPLIES 6
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

I recall that there is a recovery SW for some MSM AP's, my knowledge on MSM is limited but I suggest to give HP support a call and check.

YuriPaiva
Advisor

I have the same problem, the MSM460 respond for icmp ping, but the controller MSM760 csn not detect it

I Have the following led status

POWER - always on

NETWORK - blink sinc radio 1 led 1 second - 1 second

RADIO 1 - blink sinc network led 1 second - 1 second

RADIO 2 - Blink 0,5 second 0,5 second.

I tried the console port no response.

MB99
Occasional Contributor

Wow... necro-post.

I actually managed to fix mine, but it took a bit of sleuthing.

I seem to recall it had something to do with the mode being reset, and I think that I did fix it using the console, but vaugely recall that the default settings were something unusual like speed: 115200 and flow-control: none.  You could also try ssh/telnet to see it it's enabled.

YuriPaiva
Advisor

Hi,

I had the same issue with my MSM460, I thought }It was briked but was in Unified-HP WLAN Solution startup mode.

Take a look at 

/t5/MSM-Series/Need-the-xxx-cim-startup-for-HP-560/td-p/6786204

there is a software download link and the procedure for software conversion to HP MSM WLAN solution.

YuriPaiva
Advisor

link had trunk

/t5/MSM-Series/Need-the-xxx-cim-startup-for-HP-560/td-p/6786204

coconutdog
Occasional Advisor

Try a serial connecrion at 115200 8N1. That got me in. Used a Csico rollover cable.

Matt.