1748139 Members
4251 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM460 - Wireless Security filters

ride165
Visitor

MSM460 - Wireless Security filters

OK so I have configured 2 VSC's on the device which work well, I can get onto the network and internet, getting a DHCP address etc.

I have a setup 1 VSC for our many company laptops which is great I can get to network servers/internet etc.

Now the problem: I have a GUEST VSC for the many 3rd party clients we get in the office. I want to restrict this so that they can only get to the internet. I thought that the "Wireless sceurity filters" setting would do the job as I have it set to E-MSM460 default gateway which is the same gateway address that the clients get when connecting to the GUEST VSC but when I try to access the net or even ping the default gateway it fails.

I'd like to avoid vlan's if possible

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
ride165
Visitor

So I've tried using the MAC address option and the Custom with the defaults and still no internet access, no access to anything in fact!
rodriguesrui
Occasional Advisor

I had the same problem, with a MSM310.

I received well DHCP on each VSC but not internet till I disabled that option.

Loose some hours figuring that out.

I use a network with vlans and with ACL's. Seems to me more reliable and more efficient, if we are talking about in a network, without a wireless controller.

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Ride... How exactly are you configuring this GUEST VSC ? do you use Access Control Option or only Authentication ? and where is the internet Gateway ?