5291 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM46x WPA2 client unable to connect

Devellow
Visitor

MSM46x WPA2 client unable to connect

Hi,

i have 28 MSM466 with FW 5.7.0.2 and 5.5.2.6 in stand alone mode with two VSC. One VSC is WPA/WPA2 with Radius authentication and extra Radius accounting server. Egress Network for clients is tagged VLAN on port1.

For some clients i see "Unable to update Interim Traffic (mac-address='[mac]')." After this message the AP will not send out any further requests to the Radiusserver. So the Client is unable to connect.

For other clients trying to connect i get "hp_ieee80211_updatelocation_in_bridge: Location not updated: Unable to find device in bridge, or port not ready (dev=r2v2, vlan=47)" in syslog and the client can also not connect to the VSC.

In both cases other clients can connect. It is no difference if the client is a Notebook (Ubuntu/Win7) or mobile device (iOS/Android).

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Devellow

6 REPLIES 6
JesseR
Regular Advisor

I've seen the Unable to Update Interim traffic msgs on nearly all the MSM controllers I manage (which use an external RADIUS server as well).   I've talked with HP about it, and they tell me its NOT an issue and something I dont need to be concerned about.  I suggest you call Procurve support and see what they tell you when you mention this... maybe you'll get a different response from a different tech, who knows.

J

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

Devellow
Visitor

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I've talked to the support and they told me the same. With the next FW this message will be debug and no more warning.

But my problem remains .. after this message (no matter if debug or warning) there are no more Radius Requests sent form the AP to the Radius Server for the speciffic client.

Devellow

ISoliman
Super Advisor

How manny clients are getting authenticated ?

Is the VSC "Access Controlled" ??

Check the logs of the RADIUS server and see if those clients authentication details are reaching the server or not.

How many APs you have ? Controllers ?

Devellow
Visitor

There are both controlled and stand alone APs. The SSID is not Access Controlled,

There are 5 controlled APs on 2 765zl for testing and 23 stand alone APs.

According to the RADIUS Log the authentication details don't reach the RADIUS server.

Maybe part of my Problem is solved...

We use wireless filters inbound/outbound whitelist to keep (windows) clients from acting as ipv6 router/gateway.

With those filters disabled all the authentication details reach the RADIUS server.

But i still get "hp_ieee80211_updatelocation_in_bridge: Location not updated: Unable to find device in bridge, or port not ready (dev=r2v2, vlan=47)" for some clients.

Viper_x
Advisor

Hi there I am getting the exact same error message:

hp_ieee80211_updatelocation_in_bridge: Location not updated: Unable to find device in bridge, or port not ready (dev=r1v1, vlan=324)

Did you resolve the issue in the end?

Devellow
Visitor

Hi!

According to HP Support there will be an new Firmware for that bug.

Devellow