M and MSM Series
1753480 Members
5046 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSM710 Corporate / Guest SSID

FrederikVH

MSM710 Corporate / Guest SSID

For one of our customers we are interested in an HP MSM710. But before we buy it, we want to make sure that the following scenario is possible and easy to setup:

* LAN-port connected to the existing LAN

* Internet-port connected to a separate ADSL-modem/router

* SSID Corporate: AD-authentication, clients get an IP from the customerтАЩs own DHCP-server, all traffic goes to the LAN-port, internet-port is invisible for those clients

* SSID Guest: authentication via MSM710, clients get an IP from the MSM710, all traffic goes to the internet-port, LAN-port is invisible for those clients

I already contacted HP presales several times, unfortunately I never got any responseтАж

Kind regards

Frederik.

3 REPLIES 3
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

Re: MSM710 Corporate / Guest SSID

Yes this is a very common setup. Allthough today I'd buy the MSM720 over the 710, the 710 is reeaally slow.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

JesseR
Regular Advisor

FWIW, I have several 710s in deployment and they perform fine. If you have a large user base then mayeb the 720 is needed, but I haven't seen any issues an 710 controllers with 10 APs hooked up with sometimes as many as 200 wireless connections current.

JR

Need help with MSM deployments?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/MSM-Deployment-Scenario-How-To-Guide/td-p/5717081

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

Sure they work fine in production but the web GUI is dead slow compared to 720 and TODAY I wouldnt buy a new 710, the price difference to 720 is pretty much nonexistent.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S