1753479 Members
4875 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM710\MSM410 - Outside Access

blsimpson

MSM710\MSM410 - Outside Access

Hello,

I have an MSM710 controller, with 2 MSM410 AP's, and I am trying to get them to only see our external network. I do not want them on the internal network, except for management.

I have gone through the install doc, and I have them both up and running on our network just fine, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get them to see the external network..

If anyone can help me that would be great. Please let me know what other info you need form me.

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSM710\MSM410 - Outside Access

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve, the number of SSIDs that you have/plan, the purpose of these SSIDs.

Typically what you would want is to assign a VLAN to the SSID that you want to bring outside of the network and configure your wired network accordingly.

Another way to do it is to go through the access control feature of the controller and to provide ACLs that would ensure the traffic is not going anywhere but ouside. But in that case the traffic will have to go through the controller first.

As I said, many ways to achieve this. You might want to check the "HP ProCurve MultiService Mobility Implementation Guide" in the manual section for ideas on topologies and how to achieve this. Here is a link to the manual page: http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/manuals/index.htm