1748213 Members
3041 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM710 & MSM410 Odd behaviour

Olivarrr

MSM710 & MSM410 Odd behaviour

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to all of this, and we had a contractor install our wireless a few months back.

The problem we're having is devices being unable to connect to the wireless. It will see the SSID in the list, and connects at irregular intervals, then cuts out. I can be right next to an AP and it does exactly the same, so it can't be the signal.

I am receieving multiple error messages in the MSM710 web interface, looking something along the lines of this:

Station Table Entry (id='0',ip-address='192.168.1.1',mac-address='00:1B:2F:D6:00:F2',virtual-ap-index='1') exists with the IP address claimed by the new station (mac-address='00:1B:2F:D7:A1:AC'), for security reason we're terminating both station access.

And I have NO idea what this means, and can't find any help on the internet referring to it. All the AP's have reservations in AD, and to me the error message sounds like some form of IP conflict. Also, the error message changes the IP and MAC in the error about every 10 seconds

Any help would be much appreciated, and this probably isnt the most coherent post on here, so I apologise!!

Thanks very much

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Olivarrr

Whoops, not AD, I mean DHCP!
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Can you tell me is all the network in 1 vlan only ?

this MAC address is for a station or an AP ?
Olivarrr

The network is on 1 VLAN, but 2 VSC's - dont know if that makes any difference.

And I can't find the mac address anywhere, and it seems to change every 10 seconds on the error message to a different one

Very odd!
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

mmm there might be a loop in the network.
double check and see.
Olivarrr

Sound like a bit of a n00b here, but what is the best/easiest way to check for a loop??

Thanks
Stephan G
Regular Advisor

Hello,

you are not sounding like a noob. Loops to catch are hard work ;) But you would notice a loop because the whole network would be affected (if everything is in the same vlan)

what is your range of ip addresses normally ? Is it 192.168.1.1/24 ?

A station is normally a wireless client. So are there any wireless clients with static ips ? (must be more than one)

How do you authenticate to the wireless network ? RADIUS ?

I just set up an autonous MSM410 with RADIUS and everything seems to be fine. I'm authenticating against Windows 2008 NPS and getting IP addresses from the same server.

But by the way. If a contractor installed the wireless and you have the problems since start i would contact him.

Greets
Stephan

KPatsie

We have recieved an MSM760 and also seeing the same messages.

(id='8',ip-address='10.0.124.8',mac-address='00:11:0A:EA:D7:D7',virtual-ap-index='1') exists with the IP address claimed by the new station (mac-address='00:11:0A:EA:E7:FD'), for security reason we're terminating both station access.

The entries I am seeing are all machines with the network adapters teamed. The 2 mac addresses are both assigned to server with 10.0.124.8 IP address. This is one of our domain controllers. Is there a way to stop this warning?

Kevin