New Discussion

Re: MSM710 & MSM422 Waiting for acceptance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rene van Veen_1
Occasional Contributor

MSM710 & MSM422 Waiting for acceptance

Hi

I'm conecting a 422 to a 710 controller over a VPN connection established by ti Firewalls. All trafik between the LAN's is allowed.

The 422 finds the controller and the cintroller accept's the 422 but after this the 422 is just waiting with the massege Waiting for acceptance . Some body know's what todo? I've waited for over an hour nothing seems to happen

7 REPLIES 7
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Make sure that the traffic from the controller is allowed back and find its way back to the AP, I think you can get the issue you're discribing in a scenario where the AP can talk to the controller but not the other way around.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Rene van Veen_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I checked both way's nothing is stopping traffikk. i see in the controller logs the following reappeering.

The MAC adress is the one for the new MSM422

Apr 8 13:39:40 err maestro_sc [3C:D9:2B:7B:C2:D0] Cannot determine the appropriate interface to send the response, discarding response (packet-type='DiscoveryResponse')

Apr 8 13:39:33 err maestro_sc Last message repeated 5 times Apr 8 13:38:55 err maestro_sc [3C:D9:2B:7B:C2:D0] Cannot determine the appropriate interface to send the response, discarding response (packet-type='DiscoveryResponse')

Rene van Veen_1
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Never give up!!!!

I just found it. You need to sett up a static route on the MSM7xx on the interface it's using.

So I sat up a rule route that told the MSM7xx that all rafikk for the IP it found on the remote MSM422 AP shold be routed through the LAN interface (in my case) to the default GW where it than in turn is treated right.

Rene

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Told ya :). Glad it helped.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

ndoudna
Frequent Advisor

I also ran into a horrible "Waiting for Acceptance" problem that had a different cause, but the basic trigger was the same: the controller sends a discovery response to an AP and never hears back.

It sounds like in your case, the controller itself dropped its own discovery response.  In my case, the controller sent the discovery response with a bogus source IP address (tracked it down to an obscure controller bug).

But I think in general, "waiting for acceptance" happens the first time the controller sent a discovery packet to the AP (it seems even if another part of the controller code dropped it) and doesn't hear back.  I don't ever want to see THAT again!

noemi

ljorg
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem, but can't figure out how to fix it. I have a team of two MSM760s running 5.7.0.2. The

first team member works fine, but the second one can't connect to any AP's - it's giving the message:

Cannot determine the appropriate interface to send the response

I have checked, and the team has the correct gateway (and the master works fine), but it appears that the gateway does not exist on member 2. How do I configure it there?

Lars

ljorg
Occasional Advisor

Solved it, but not in a pretty way.

Reset team member to to factory defaults, configured connectivity and re-entered it into the team. Then it worked.

Can't wait for HP to release a new version of the firmware.