M and MSM Series
1748053 Members
4415 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM710 and Active Directory

GCarter

MSM710 and Active Directory

Let's juet get to it.  I'm using a MSM710 Wireless Controller and am trying to reverse engineer what a previous IT user (no longer with the company) has done.  I also was not here when the set up was completed.  I came in and it was working fine.

I have Active Directory authentication for the end users.  They only need enter their AD username and password to access the network.  All the settings on the server exist and have been verified to be correct.  Double checked and rechecked again, just to make sure.

We have a dummy certificate set up so that when the user logs in, they get the cert pop-up and have to accept.  However, I get the following errors:

iPhone:  Incorrect username or password for "<Network> Private"

Computer:  Unable to connect to network

From what I can gather in the logs, the user is unable to authenticate to AD.  I'm literally at my wits end here and have been struggling with this for too many hours to count.

Thank you for your assistance and any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
GCarter

Just so you're aware, I'm looking at the logs and really don't understand them at this time.  It seems the Radius server is selected but with no destination (127.0.0.1) and I'm not sure how the information is even trying the authentication with the AD.

Please see the attached log file for more information.  I've edited it for security.

Any clues/help will be much appreciated.

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi

"was working fine". So what exactly did you change before it stopped working? Updated firmware? Drivers? Or do you have new clients which aren't working?

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
GCarter

"Was working fine"  =  I was using PuTTy and right clicked to copy, but then it pasted instead.  Maybe I clicked too often and now the old config is not working.

I was good enough to get the old configuration before screwing it up, but now I can't get it working again.

We have a private network and a guest network.  The Guest network is working fine. The Private is not.  No one can authenticate to the server at this time via the Private network.

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi again

Oopsie!

While you can manage these devices via CLI, they're not actually intended for it. They're intended to be manged through the Web GUI.

127.0.0.1 doesn't mean that there's no destination for the RADIUS requests, it means that the VSC is configured to use local RADIUS server instead of a remote one. Login to the GUI and check the VSC settings. If they're correct, your config is corrupt. If that's the case and your uploaded old config doesn't work, there's not really other possibilities but put the box to factory default settings and re-configure it from the scratch.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer