M and MSM Series
1752681 Members
5514 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM710 cannot ping to clients but clients can ping.

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

MSM710 cannot ping to clients but clients can ping.

Hi,

I have  a wierd issue here with MSM710 access controller. The controller i am using has got 6 MSM422 AP's and its all synchronised with VSC. using preshared key.

i wanted to put a printer in the network and found out wired or wireless clients cannot ping to the printer . later trouble shoot pointed thatt

- wired computers cannot ping each other

-clients can ping msm710 but msm710 cannot ping back

-wired pc's cannot ping to printer

i am sure i am missing something small here. someone please advice .

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JesseR
Regular Advisor

Re: MSM710 cannot ping to clients but clients can ping.

Do you have Wireless Security Filters enabled on your VSC? (if so, try turning off)

Or, is the VSC access controlled?  (if so, make sure your ACLs are not causing the issue)

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply ,
security filters disabled on VSC
yes VSC is access controlled ,but how it causing the issue..if then how i can make sure it is not ?
please advice
ISoliman
Super Advisor

You are saying that wired clients not able to ping each other and the printer, so this is an issue with the wired network to begin with, check the VLAN and IP addressing and VLAN assignment on the wired network 1st.

JesseR
Regular Advisor

Ah, I missed the comment about wired machines not pinging the printer either. Guessing maybe you either have a missing route statement or the switch-port for your printer is tagged incorrectly for the proper VLAN. Make sure everything works correctly with your VLANing and using wired machines, then focus on the wireless after that.
Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

kanchisharma
Advisor

hi,

ensure the firewall on the computers you are unable to ping are disabled or an exception is created..

Secondly Ensure that the DOMAIN is same for all computers in the network despite they are wired \ wireless.

Ensure if you reinstall printer with correct domain\ ip.

Goodluck

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.

peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

To Jessie,
many thanks for your response. yes it is in the right VLAN. Also checked the gateway is right. printer is in the right vlan as well.

To kanchisharma,
thansk for your response. i turned on teh firewall of both pc's pinging and domain is same for all and the printer with correct ip .

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Is the VSC access controlled or Authentication only ?