Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSM710, hosts cannot connect to the printer

Highlighted
peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

MSM710, hosts cannot connect to the printer

Hi ,

I have a WiFi network in our building for students. MSM 710 is the access controller ..with 7 AP's MSM422.

We have printer connected to the same network and the laptops in wifi network cannot connect to the printer..

i know it some rule or authentication that i have to set in the controller ..some one please advise me in this

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
peyushzach
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSM710, hosts cannot connect to the printer

can somebody give me a clue please ?

Highlighted
Sk33t3r
Advisor

This is late, I know. I just joined-up myself. I fixed this issue when I discovered an old DNS Server was no longer online when the DHCP server issued this to clients. Enter the current(live) DNS server and clients will print again.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
gglater
Regular Advisor

Although this forum is a great place to ask questions, remember that support is available to help you if you have questions of this sort.

You don't mention whether the printer is on the wired or wireless infrastructure.  If it is on the wireless, you need to make sure that the clients and the printer are both associated to the same network name (SSID) and that you have configured the APs to allow traffic between network clients (this is off by default for security reasons).

If the printer is on the wired network, I would need to better understand your network design before I could answer.  Rather than do that here, I would direct you to open a support case instead.

--glen