6380 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM710 lan port ip route to internet port

Mxmz
Occasional Contributor

MSM710 lan port ip route to internet port

Hey,

I have an issue with the MSM710 configuration. I have enabled DHCP server on the LAN port and DHCP client on the Internet port. Internet port is connected  to the Firewall/NAT and the LAN port is connected to the Switch. Access point are connected to the Switch. My problem is, that when pinging through MSM710 admin panel, I can access internet. But all the clients connecting to the Wi-Fi can not. Clients receive the proper LAN IP address and can access the MSM710 admin panel through local connection (LAN) port, but not any Internet service.

I am sure that I am missing some IP route, but it seems I can not add following route:

destination: 0.0.0.0

mask: 0.0.0.0

gateway: 192.168.0.1 (ip address of Firewall/NAT)

MSM710 complains with the following message: "For a default route use (default and 0.0.0.0) for your address and mask entries"

I tried to use default as destination and 0.0.0.0 for mask, but it doesn't accept it either... doing probably something wrong, but can't figure out what...

2 REPLIES 2
Mxmz
Occasional Contributor

I would really appriciate the help with this one, as I understand that with my current setup I should have internet access by default?

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi

I'd test the following:

Ensure that wireless client default GW is the controller.

Ensure that the router has a route back to your internal network.

Change the firewall/internet port to another IP range - not 192.168.1.0/24 though.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer