1753443 Members
4984 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSM760 Active Directory Server 2008 R2

Mitch Reed
Occasional Advisor

MSM760 Active Directory Server 2008 R2

I've read so many entries about how to join to AD and none seem to be complete. According to HP's KB001517 it is as simple as joining the controller to AD then adding groups and viola, it works. Not for me, not on 2 different controllers. I have also followed through the process in HP's Implementation guide for Education. This assumes you are using Server 2003 and has you create a Radius server on your AD to connect to. I want some clear instructions on how to make this work. It should not be this difficult. Rant off.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSM760 Active Directory Server 2008 R2

More info on what doesn't work.
Can you join it to the domain? If not, what version are you running as there was a bug in the 5.3.x software code that would prevent the controller joining an AD domain.

-------------
41370 (Only MSM760.) When an MSM760 Controller is configured to use manual system time, it cannot successfully join an Active Directory realm. Instead, configure the MSM760 to use a time server.

----

Mitch Reed
Occasional Advisor

The controller is using 5.3.3.83-01-7739-A
Server 08R2 Enterprise with AD,DNS & DHCP all on the same server.
The time settings on the controller are pointed to the DC and the colubris time servers removed.
It joins the domain with no errors.
The VSC works until Authentication is turned on, then I do not get any internet access, it does not re-direct to the login page. When I remove Authentication it works just fine.
Mitch Reed
Occasional Advisor

According to a tech person from HP, you cannot use AD authentication with Server 2008 R2. Off we go to learn Radius...