4795 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM760 CONFIGURATION

anilkrangra
Occasional Collector

MSM760 CONFIGURATION

Dear Community members,

I have 3 msm760 wireless controller in team connected to core swicth-1. Both cores are connected via fibre(Trunked). I want to use second port of wireless controllers to connect in core switch-2 for redundancy if core-1 fails. As per guide given by HP is not clear about the same.  If you please help me out about the configuration.

1 REPLY 1
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: MSM760 CONFIGURATION

Hello,

I don't think that what you are trying to do is impossible but I don't think it is going to be easy. 

If I remember correctly the default "roles" of the MSM760 controller's port are built around the concept of one being LAN facing and one being WAN facing. 

Things like the teaming only (again IIRC) run over the LAN port so you will struggle to turn the WAN port into a HA version of the LAN config. 

Given that you already have the controllers in a team is it not enough to run 2 controllers off one switch and one off the other so that you always have a controller available should a switch fail?

I assume that your switches are redundant at layer 2 and layer 3? 

Do your Virtual service communities on the Access Points tunnel traffic back to the controllers or are they egressing traffic locally on their connected vlans on their switch uplink multi-vlan trunks? 

Hope that gives you some pointers. 

thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me