4651 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM760 Log Help

Teufel Martin
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSM760 Log Help

hi!

Both controller  have static IPs on both interfaces.

The APs get IP from an DHCP Server (not the MSM). All APs have correct and working IPs.

Martin

CraigStrydom71
Occasional Advisor

Is your certificate still valid? Check expiry date.

What happens if you reboot the controller with the errors? Do the errors start again?

Someone else had a similar problem: http://community.hpe.com/t5/MSM-Series/Possible-DoS-attack/td-p/5905593

sjordet
Advisor

Hi!

Have the same issue after upgrading to 6.6.2.0 - and it's still there with 6.6.3.0.

I made a case with support, and as expected they weren't very helpful. They requested a packet trace of the radius traffic. I haven't had the time to do that yet, but I doubt there is any traffic there. We don't use Radius accounting, and we have no problems with our radius authentication at all. Everything works as expected, except the log messages.

I also got a question about expired certificates, but as far as I can see, I have no certificates that expire untill 2017 at least.

I seem to remember that the 169.254.x adresses are adresses assigned to the AP's on the inside of the encrypted tunnel. We also have a team, and about 300 AP's.

Since it doesn't seem to affect anything here, I haven't bothered to pursue this, but it's still a bit annoying to have my logs flooded. And we are at least a few users experiencing the same, so hopefully HP will figure it out before we are forced to move to Aruba ;)

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi all

This issue is currently in the lab under investigation. If you're experiencing this, please contact support.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
JKetterer
Visitor

We are also seeing this. Has there been any resolution? 

Sample error from our syslog:

Aug 26 13:36:42 10.241.0.6 MSM760-Local- iprulesmgr: SG1113N03B Discarding RADIUS Accounting Request (id='91') from RADIUS Client (ip-address='169.254.8.119',port='33810') because of missing username. (Check your RADIUS Secret configuration.)

Jim Ketterer

sjordet
Advisor

Yeah, it's been fixed in 6.6.4.0 :)