1753418 Members
4640 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM760 Tunnels traffic from the access point to the controller

pmartinez
Occasional Visitor

MSM760 Tunnels traffic from the access point to the controller

Hi, I am trying to config a Guest access network which tunnels traffic from the access point to the controller. The dhcp server is the internet router, and the router is in the same VLAN that the VSC egress VLAN. The wireless client receives the IP but not ping the router or the controller. Please can you help me

6 REPLIES 6
JesseR
Regular Advisor

Re: MSM760 Tunnels traffic from the access point to the controller

Can you provide your settings used for the VSC?   If you're using HTML Based User Logons (splash page redirect), you will not be able to ping anything other than the controller itself until you authenticate... 

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

pmartinez
Occasional Visitor

I've attached the VSC configuration. It is  Access control, Identify stations based on IP address only, Always tunnel client traffic, VSC egress mapping -> VLAN123 (in this vlan is the internet router with dhcp server), SHCP relay agent -> forward to egress interface.

The wireless client are Authorized  int the SSID, but the can not do ping to the controller or to the router.

Other question, Is possible to use the external dhcp server but not use the option DHCP relay?

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Did you extend the subnet of the internet port vlan 123 ?? there is an option to extend it or else it might show as a loop to the controller, not sure about this but worth checking

AmanaLiving
Advisor

Hello

I am trying to do the same thing as you are. Did you ever get this issue solved?

JesseR
Regular Advisor

I'm not familiar with the Identify Stations based on IP option...  but aside from that, I'm not sure if you HAVE to, but when using an external DHCP server for Tunneled wireless traffic, I have used the DHCP relay option as you are doing (relayed to the egressed VLAN) and setting up IP helpers, etc. 

Are you sure you have proper IP Routes setup on the controller?  Depending on which interface(s) you are using on the controller.  Once connected to the SSID, you should be able to ping the controllers IP.  Are you using the controller's ACLs? I think HP calls them Attributes (under the Public Access tab) though I'm not in front of a controller to look at a screen shots right now.   Have you modfied those basic/default access lists?

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

PrajithMM

We are also getting the error during AP syncing, I have attached the screenshot.

We have around 350 AP's in that only 5 to 6 AP's are showing always Establishing tunnel error, after we do the remove and discover also same issues.