1753544 Members
5654 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM760 Upgrade Contact

tkiuntke
Occasional Collector

MSM760 Upgrade Contact

I have a J9420A HP MSM760 Premium Mobility Controller with Software version: 5.7.3.0-13117 and I understand the upgrade path will be a coupl eof steps but I need a good POC to be able to renew licensing on the device to be able to obtain the software. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Re: MSM760 Upgrade Contact

I don't really know what you mean with "good POC" as "POC" generally refers to Proof Of Concept.

You're currently running outdated version of 5.7. Last version on that platform is 5.7.8.1, Release Notes describe the fixes and open issues with workarounds. Latest version of 6.x branch is 6.6.5. The enhancements and new functionalities are also described in the Release Notes. These are available from https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9420A - look under Maintenance.

If your controller is older, you need to purchase a post-wty SW Support Contract before you can download new FW versions.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
tkiuntke
Occasional Collector

Or "Point of Contact". What is a good point of contact for a post warranty SW support contract?

Thank you!

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Right, I didn't think about that, makes sense :D

You will need to contact one of our sales partners. List of local partners you can find at your local country HPE website.

I'm sorry but I forgot one inconvenient detail... J9420A Premium Mobility Controller End of Sale date was Sept 2016. I don't think you can purchase new contracts for that product anymore. J9421A Access Controller is still an active product, so I'd think contracts for that are still available.

Best thing is to call a local HPE reseller.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer