1753816 Members
8344 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM760 configuration

winniepooh
Occasional Visitor

MSM760 configuration

I have this controller. You should configure it as follows: 1 SSID must be an attachment to the Vlan 10, 2nd SSID should be tied to 20 Vlan ... management of access points in a 30m Vlan switch port, which includes access is set up so do the same: tagged 10 and 20 VLAN, the 30th VLAN untagged. port for the controller is configured only in the 30th VLAN untagged.

Controller Access Point sees authorization for them via wifi passes are issued by the dhcp address of the desired subnet ... all gateway ping from mobile devices via wifi, but nothing more than a gateway not pinged in this Vlan ... if you even mac address is not in the 10 and 20 VLAN ... I do not understand how to configure the controller ...

2 REPLIES 2
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi

That's a bit complicated way of expressing it, methinks... start with what exactly you want to achieve.

- Do you want to have a WLAN for your employees?

- What kind of credentials should your employees use when logging into wireless?

- Do you want to have a guest WLAN?

- What kind of credentials should the guests use?

- Do you want to have BYOD WLAN?

... and so on. Once you have that clear in your mind, pick up the implementation guide at http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02682324/c02682324.pdf. There's 5 sample implementations, read the introductions (3 - 4 pages each) and pick one that comes closest to your needs. Implement that, fine-tune to your specific needs.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
winniepooh
Occasional Visitor

I need to have 2 SSID with different Vlan, authorization for WPA. The guest WLAN is not necessary. Credentials should be complete within a vlan (authorities will set the router). Thanks for the link, I will study.