New Discussion юеВ

MSM760 with MSM430 AP, random drop and lose of SSID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marduk
Visitor

MSM760 with MSM430 AP, random drop and lose of SSID

Hello,

I've been struggeling with this issue for a while and i just want to rip the APs down and throw them in the trash.
About an half a year ago our network start acting all strange, you were connected but had no internet connection and the SSID disapeard to later come back after 15 min.

So after troubleshooting and almost pulling my hair off i found out that the 5ghz radio screwed things up and the network were working all fine on the 2,4ghz radio. So as a temporary fix i turned of the 5ghz so the employees could work and use the wireless. without getting disconnected all the time.

So yesterday we installed the latest MSM760 version 6.6.8.0-23368 believing it might solve something.

It just made stuff worse. Now the 2,4ghz radio works just as bad as the 5ghz radio.

I've been reading about this problem a lot but with no real solution to it. 

I've tried out most stuff, changing to different radio settings.
After a reboot it usually works well but after 15 min of having a wifi connection with around 100mb/s it goes slowly down to 20 and then down to 0, up and down between 0 and 20 then it dies.

So where do i start? I feel like at the moment i've got no clue where to start troobleshooting or where to look. I am all in the dark. Suggestions? 

12 REPLIES 12
Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSM760 with MSM430 AP, random drop and lose of SSID

Hey Marduk,

this sounds like a serious issue to me. Have you tried opening up a support case with HPE?

Best,
Ascendor

d00m
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I'm having some problems. too.

Do you have Severe interference detection/mitigation enabled and are you getting  "Sep 13 09:07:54.454 warn xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx rfmgr_ap: Scan type (2), new Scan type (1), on Radio 1, start it now..." messages in the logs?

-D-

CraigS1971
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Marduk,

I had almost the same problem. It turned out to be the DFS channels causing the problem.

The HP MSM equipment are compliant to many regulatory standards some of which will cause automatic channel changes or even radio cool down (switch off) for 15minutes when it detects certain frequencies.

One business unit had huge issues until I figured out that it was the next door unit doing radar testing.

The solution for me was to disable ALL DFS channels on their APs on both radios - no more issues after that.

Regards,

Craig

Marduk
Visitor

Correct :

Sep 15 10:03:51.985	warn	rfmgr_ap: Scan type (2), new Scan type (1), on Radio 2, start it now...
Sep 15 10:04:56.336	warn	rfmgr_ap: Scan type (2), new Scan type (1), on Radio 1, start it now...
Marduk
Visitor

Trying this now, i will write back after a couple of hours of testing to see if it gets better or not.

Marduk
Visitor

By setting the channel instead of having it automatically seem to have solved the problem!
The wifi is working stable and fine now. 

But i won't put it as a solution yet but going to try it out for a little while more.

d00m
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I disabled all DFS channels and it looks to be more stable now. Need to more time to confirm.

I also had 3 APs that had one of the radios not working correctly and it was resetting connections a lot. Check the logs under vsc to see the connection reset and ap logs to see the scan after that.

D

Marduk
Visitor

Same here. After disabling the DFS channels everything has been stable and working as it should.
It's been 1┬╜ week now and i have been running on the wifi with 100% stability.

I can confirm this solution. 

runnow70
Occasional Contributor

Same here.

I don,t know how can I disabling the DFS channels everything

Is it right? Change channels from marked *(=DFS)  to  nonmarked at each AP configuration mode on MSM720 

and I can see  the channel of marked *(=DFS) from only 5,4Ghz not 2.4Ghz

Let me know.