4324 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM765 Airlpay / Bonjour / Reflector

40Gbit-Pat
Occasional Collector

MSM765 Airlpay / Bonjour / Reflector

Hello HP-Freaks,

I have MSM460 AP´s connected to a Team of MSM765 Controllers running this Firmware

Software version: 6.6.0.0-22530

I have the Problem that the reflector Software that uses the Bonjour Protocol (mDNS) will only work when the 2 WLAN Devices are connected to the same Radio on the same AP.

If one wlan device switch to another radio on the same AP they can not see each other in the Reflector software.

And Airplay did also not see the other device. All Devices are in the same VSC (SSID) and also in the same subnet.

I think that Bonjour Subnet- or VLAN-Gateway function in the Controller can´t help me in this case.

I didn´t found any Settings in the MSM765 Controller to activate this feature that it will work when the two WLAN devices are not on the same Radio and never mind on different AP´s.

Best Regards

Patrick

4 REPLIES 4
RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

So at the moment, you dont have any Bonjour filter or traffic mgmt applied but just with defualt configuraiton you cant get the mDNS queries coversing between two clients on same AP but different radio?

Can you confirm the SSID mode - access controlled or non-access controlled?

Regards
Ram
40Gbit-Pat
Occasional Collector

Hi Mr. Krishan,

yes, I have not set an Bonjour Filter.

The Bonjour Gateway Function is active, but i think this is only significant when we will bring the mDNS to another lan segement, right?

The SSID ist "access controlled" (the client traffic ist tunneled to the Controller)

Regards

Patick

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

If its access-controlled, there is a limitation on the client communication between two radios on the SAME AP (not specific to Bonjour but in general communication).

You may want to move your Bonjour service either to same radio or to a different AP.  Then this should work.

Or alternatively, you can use the non-access controlled mode traffic forwarding, where this limitation do not apply.

Regards
Ram
40Gbit-Pat
Occasional Collector

Hi,

what a pity.

I can´t switch of the controlled Mode, because the Internet-Traffic should be tunneld to the controller.

Thank you anyway, no I´m understanding the issue

Ragards

Patrick