1752646 Members
5698 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM765 Teaming

TerryWatson

MSM765 Teaming

Hi,

I have installed two MSM765 WLAN Controllers and done a basic configuration, i.e. I have assigned one of them the IP address 10.0.200.6/22 on its LAN port, on the other I assigned 10.0.200.7/22 on its LAN port.  On one controller I enabled Teaming and pointed teaming to the LAN port.  I did the same on the other unit and made this one the Team Manager using the Team IP address of 10.0.200.9/22.

Everyting went OK in that I could see both controllers, I then clicked on Authorise for the 'slave' controller but on the Diagnostic column in just says Waiting for Acceptance. 

I spoke to HP support and he advised upgrading, so I have upgraded both controllers to version 5.7.0.3-11516 but this has not resolved the issue.  I can't find any troubleshooting steps to resolve this in the manuals so does anyone have any ideas as to the next step?  Also, the customer wants me to add an MSM760 controller to the team but the documentation states that all controllers have to be the same model.  Can I join an MSM760 to the team?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Re: MSM765 Teaming

I'd try to break up the whole team and redo it.

You cannot join a MSM760 to a 765zl team, it has to be the same model.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S