M and MSM Series
1748169 Members
4090 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM765zl - Captive Portal

trtech

MSM765zl - Captive Portal

I have an MSM765zl running 5.5.1.0-01-9677. I want to set up a network for guests to use that redirects all traffic to a specific webserver, I do not require the users to log in.

So far I have a VSC configured with authentication but not access control. Users can connect and get a DHCP address from a DHCP server on a different VLAN using an IP helper on the 5606zl. I want to set up a rule to redirect all web traffic to a citrix server on my internal LAN where users will be prompted to log in.

Can this be done, and if so how? I can give more details if required.

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

This is a one of the capabilities of the MSM765.

You make your VSC access controlled.  (different ways to authenticate like web or 802.1x)

Forward traffic from controller to your Citrix environment. (Access controlled traffic will be tunneled from AP to controller)

Ofcourse you can show a captive webpage where you can make some statements and disclaimers before you redirect to Citrix.

trtech

Thanks for your reply.

I've been reading through an HP Implementation Guide (http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02682324/c02682324.pdf) and I've tried setting up a new VSC with authentication and access control enabled, for testing purposes.

I've followed the guide in the first section of the PDF, and I have a new VSC created with Web authentiaction enabled. However when I connect to this SSID I do not recieve an IP address and browsing fails to return a page. I've attached screenshots of my VSC config. Is there anywhere I can get further info / an event log that might tell me where the problem lies?

Thanks

Tom

DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

Try unchecking 'Wireless Security Filters' under the VSC (screenshot 3).

----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer