108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM765zl Wireless Controller Integration in network

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aamir Yaseen

MSM765zl Wireless Controller Integration in network

Greetings,
I'm trying to configure the MSM765zl Mobility controller with the network so that the users connecting to the wireless network can get a Wired-LAN like access. means that they should be able to use all the network services like Email via Outlook/Exchange, Shared Files and Printers, Internet via Proxy Server. Access level should be the same as any regular PC that's joined to the AD Domain.

Alongside that, i also want to create a Guest SSID that will redirect users to a Web Authentication Page with just Internet Access. (this isn't necessary but good if possible).

the network already has several VLANs running, will i need to create further VLANs for wireless access or can the wireless VLAN run just like any other VLAN configured on a switch port?.

kind regards,
Aamir.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor
Solution

yes Aamir this is possible

but you must use default vsc for guest (web authentication service)

can use only default vcs on the lan port for controller data base guest authentication

default vsc guest ssid with html authentication

other new vsc for employe network go to other vlan with vsc banding
cenk

Aamir Yaseen

Thanks for the response Cenk.
So i should create one VSC per VLAN or just one new VSC to allocate all authenticated employees to one VLAN?
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

default vsc must use guest

you must create new vsc for employe and assign other vlan

cenk

Aamir Yaseen

it worked with me on the default VSC for all employees, no guest access defined yet. it's good enough so far to get the wireless system up and running for employees.thanks for the help Cenk.
kind regards.
Aamir Yaseen

disabling all forms of wireless authentication enables me to connect to WiFi just like any other normal LAN port. since the basic connectivity is established, further security can gradually be placed.