6478 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Msm720 wireless controler issue

preyash
Occasional Contributor

Msm720 wireless controler issue

hi,

we have strange issue with our MSM720 controler. controler has 7 AP attache to it and 3 different network configured on controler. device which is connected to AP loss internet randomlly and to resolve this issue we have to re-connect device to the AP. some time i have to disable wireless on laptop and envble it to get internet connection. when it's happen device conncted to AP but no internet. we check on controler log but there is no error.

please help

Preyash Parekh

4 REPLIES 4
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Preyash,

You don't provide much information, such as AP model, firmware version, size of your location and distribution of APs etc. Debugging wifi issues is hard. You will need to look for patterns - it may be a client side issue - which may be why logs on controller show no error.

• Was this working fine for a long time and now having new problems or a new/recent deployment?
  • Have your APs been on line for a long time without a reboot?
  • One particular AP or location? or most/all of them?
  • One kind of client or differnet kinds? ie PCs Mac Android etc.

So I'll tell you to do the standard stuff:

• FIrst make sure your controller firmware is up to date. 
  • Reboot your controller and power cycle the APs - I've found when the clients have strange issues, sometimes the AP gets stuck or confused with cached information.
  • Check for any client updates - either ones that have not been applied or, sometimes a recent one that was installed when the problems started.
preyash
Occasional Contributor

• Was this working fine for a long time and now having new problems or a new/recent deployment?

yes. it's working from long time and nov having new problem 

• Have your APs been on line for a long time without a reboot?

yes. i think it's from last 5-6 years

• One particular AP or location? or most/all of them?

No. all of them doing same. as i mention in my post we have 3 different SSID and it's happening to all of them.

• One kind of client or differnet kinds? ie PCs Mac Android etc.

it's happening to both client android and windows and also iphone.

thanks,

Preyash

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

So just be clear - your APs have been running for 5 years without a reboot or firmware update (which would reboot them)?

If that is true,  I would strongly recommend updating the firmware to the latest version. 

But i would at least reboot them. There could be memory leaks over time that might cause the issue. 

I have had connectivity issues which cleared after rebooting the APs.

My question about locations was physical - was an AP in a different building or specific part of it having the issue?

If an AP is broadcasting all the SSIDs then if any AP is having an issue it would affect all the SSIDs broadcast by that AP

preyash
Occasional Contributor

hi,

can i update firmware from 6.4.2.0-19648  to new version? can anyone let me know where to downloa new version as well.

many thanks,

Preyash