6133 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Msm760 Teaming AP Distribution

dverl
Occasional Advisor

Msm760 Teaming AP Distribution

Hello,

I have 2 controllers teamed and about 60 AP so far.

I had an issue when an user assoc with an AP on Ctrlr01(Primary) and roamed to an AP on Ctrlr02 they could no longer traffic. I was also getting the following message in the log:

Jan 25 10:27:26 warning iprulesmgr A second MAC Address (mac-address-inside-arp='44:1E:A1:XX:XX:XX',mac-address-existing-station='00:25:4B:XX:XX:XX') was detected using this IP address (ip-address='172.19.x.x'), for security reason the existing user session for this IP will be terminated.

The Mac of my second contorller is the mac-address-inside-arp listed above.

Is the second controller blocking the roaming user?

Once I roamed back into coverage of an AP on the Primary controller I was able to traffic again successfully.

I am running code : 5.5.3.0-01-10326

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
temuri426
Frequent Advisor

Dverl

this is the known issue of this firmware  read this : http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03025217/c03025217.pdf

issues ID:64307

you should upgrade to higher version

dverl
Occasional Advisor

64307: When using Mobility Traffic Manager with more than two controllers, if a wireless client
roams between two APs managed by different controllers, its traffic may be blocked.
The wireless client must re-associate with the network to resume traffic flow.

Is Mobility Traffic Manager part of L3 roaming?

I believe I only have roaming at L2.

Sorry but could you clarify?
dverl
Occasional Advisor

Hello, an update on this, I have been advised to move the inter-team communication from the LAN ports to the Internet ports of the controller.

I have also been informed that there is no roaming between AP's in the same VSC across different conrollers in a team. - Is this correct?

I was told that clients would not roam but would be required to re-authenticate on the new ap/controller.

How do others have their inter-team communication configured.

temuri426
Frequent Advisor

Dverl

Hello, 

About teaming through internet ports and AP discoveri through lan ports you are correct. 

I don't think that ther is not roaming possibility between the same vsc's in different controllers. it should work good. 

Currently i have two teamed msm 760 through internet port and two VSCs and i'm using vlan ranges.  each time when clients ara connecting they will get ip's from different vlan. 

dverl
Occasional Advisor

Hey ,

thanks for the reply.

I  am not doing AP discovery on the LAN ports - this is all on the Internet ports.

The Lan ports are essentiall not doing anything.

dverl
Occasional Advisor

Hey all,

I am still receiving the following and users traffic is getting dropped, i do see the controller proxy the DNS queries successfully though.

Again this is with 2 controllers teamed, one VSC, when the user moves from an AP on the Master to an AP on the othe team member.

Is this a roaming issue?

Does anyone havea definite guide to the functions of the iprulesmgr engine?

Jan 25 10:57:16 warning iprulesmgr A second MAC Address (mac-address-inside-arp='44:1E:A1:C2:90:79',mac-address-existing-station='78:A3:E4:84:5E:DF') was detected using this IP address (ip-address='172.19.9.45'), for security reason the existing user session for this IP will be terminated. “