M and MSM Series
1748165 Members
3869 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Need assistance configuring HP E-MSM720 Premium Mobility Controller (J9694)

airrispearman

Need assistance configuring HP E-MSM720 Premium Mobility Controller (J9694)

We recently replaced 5 year old HP ProCurve Wireless controller with a new HP E-MSM720 Premium Mobility Controller (J9694).  Using the online "Quick Start guide" (http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03123995/c03123995.pdf) I was able to get the new controller online.  However, I have scoured the Internet and HP.com for further documentation on how to configure the controller from this point to talk to the 9 WAPs we already have installed in the field.  We have a "guestuser" SSID for visitors and a 2nd SSID for employees. We have no doumentation on how the previous installation was performed. I do have a copy of the config from the previous HP ProCurve, however, it cannot be uploaded into this new controller - I have opened the config and can see lots of information from the previous setup (MAC addresses from AP's, etc.) however, we are lost at this point as to what the next steps are. I urgently need help if anyone can assist.

1 REPLY 1
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Re: Need assistance configuring HP E-MSM720 Premium Mobility Controller (J9694)

What was the old Procurve Wireless? The WESM? The old APs aren't compatible with the 'new' MSM (ex-Colubris) controllers.
---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S