M and MSM Series
1752726 Members
5657 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New to ProCurve - Configuration Assistance Needed Badly!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nick Houser
Occasional Visitor

New to ProCurve - Configuration Assistance Needed Badly!!

We recently purchased a ProCurve MSM760 Controller along with ~20 MSM410 Access Points.  So far, I've been able to configure the controller and one access point with a static IP.  I've been fumbling around the web interface for each device trying to find a way to get the two to communicate and no matter where I go or what I do, I just can't grasp how to accomplish this.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is setup the controller to manage all of the access points.  I'd like to setup two wireless networks initially, one for domain users and one for guests.  For domain users, I'd like to set it up so that if they get on the wireless via the access points, use their domain credenitals (active directory) to authenticate and get the internet and network resources they require.  As for the guest users, just the basics.  Internet connection, that's it.

How do I configure the controller to take ownership of each individual access point (access points must have a static IP)?  Also, how do I configure the access points to authenticate to the controller the way that I'd like them to?  Again, I'm am completely new to the ProCurve, so all of this is "greek" to me.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Nick Houser
Occasional Visitor
Solution

We figured this out on our own.  Thanks for the help.

RonA

I am wondering how do you edit the html "transport.asp file on the msm760? Trying to get a "Splash Pgae to show up on the public side?

hgtwn
Visitor

I am trying to do this exact same thing. What is the best setup to make this work?

scifan3
Advisor

You can edit the transport.asp file in the web interface under public access -> web content...

Sometimes you have to try multiple times before you succeed.