4860 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No internet access with MSM710

Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

No internet access with MSM710

Hi,
I am trying to understand how the MSM710 works, I have connected it to a router via the internet port and to a computer via the LAN port. I created a test user account but when I sign into it I cannot get internet access and Windows Network troubleshooter says I might need to sign up with the networks internet service provider, what does that mean? I can normally get internet if I connect straight to the router from my computer. I have followed the MSM710 Quickstart guide to setting it up and I am using the default VSC but I just cannot get Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Graham Barnett

2 REPLIES 2
Grahaaam
Occasional Advisor

Re: No internet access with MSM710

Inside Tools and System Log I am recieving these 2 errors constantly when trying to access the internet: Multiple interfaces match the same shared network, and Multiple interfaces match the same subnet. 

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Re: No internet access with MSM710

Internet port and lan port of the controller should be in different subnets/vlans, and on the controller you will have to create a default route pointing to the routers IP address from the internet port side, also do not create any VLANs on the controller just configure the IP addresses directly on the ports