1748044 Members
4908 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OfficeConnect Wireless 11G Cable/DSL

Goal

OfficeConnect Wireless 11G Cable/DSL

Hi,

I am currenly using OfficeConnect Wireless 11G Cable/DSL Router(3CRWE554G72). I have been using this router for few years and without any problem. But recently I found that my interner connection is very slow, I can only reach 30kb/s for download.

I have tired to connect internet without the 3Com router, I found that I can reach 600kb/s but once I connect my 3Com router, I can only get 20-30kb/s. I would like to know what is the problem of my situation? Something wrong with my router? I didn't change anything and I also Reset to Factory Default but it is still like this.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ryan

This message was edited by Goal on 3-20-10 @ 4:00 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Goal

Hi,

I am currenly using OfficeConnect Wireless 11G Cable/DSL Router(3CRWE554G72). I have been using this router for few years and without any problem. But recently I found that my interner connection is very slow, I can only reach 30kb/s for download.

I have tired to connect internet without the 3Com router, I found that I can reach 600kb/s but once I connect my 3Com router, I can only get 20-30kb/s. I would like to know what is the problem of my situation? Something wrong with my router? I didn't change anything and I also Reset to Factory Default but it is still like this.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ryan

This message was edited by Goal on 3-20-10 @ 4:00 PM
irsmun

I have the same unit with the same problem. It has just recently begun to do this.

My download speeds (according to dslreports.com) are 2880 kbs to 2948 kbs without the OfficeConnect Wireless. When I put it back in line my speeds are 421 kbs to 534 kbs.  It does not seem to affect the upload speeds or the latency no matter which configuration there is.

The other anomalies I've noticed are that the downloads are intermittent.  They start and stop at random during the download process.  Sometimes they stop and do not continue.  The uploads do not do this.

It would be great if someone could respond with some ideas. I need to know if its fixable or if I need to find a new wireless gateway.

I have already reset it and went through my settings.

Techno
Regular Advisor

Depending on what ISP you are using, they may have changed the MTU size of their packets

Try setting your PC MTU to 1400 and check your speed, if this helps, you now have a work around.

This unit is way out of date for support, but ISPs shoudl not in theory change things so dramatically on their networks.

You can test the unit itself by setting up 2 networks with a PC on the WAN side of the Router and see what speed you get at that. If the speed is better, it's the ISP settings and possibly, the MTU change is your best hope.

Good luck.

The Tech Man Has Spoken....
The Tech Man Has Spoken....