108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pass-Through MAC Authentication for Select Devices on MSM710 controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
CVI_Tech
Occasional Collector

Pass-Through MAC Authentication for Select Devices on MSM710 controller

I am trying to setup Pass-Through Authentication by MAC Address for some tablet devices our Library has purchased but cannot seem to get it to work based on the instructions provided in the configuration guide. We currently have our MSM710 setup with HTML Redirect Authentication for our Public Hotspot. From what I have read from the configuration guide I need to add Global MAC Authentication to allow these devices to bypass the HTML Redirect page. I have followed the instructions in the Configuration manual to create a new Colubris AV-Pair тАУ Site MAC-ADDRESS attribute "E0-B9-BA-09-8D-DB[,E0:B9:BA:09:8D:DB[,E0:B9:BA:09:8D:DB]]". I have also created a user account with the MAC Address as both the username and password. However, the device is still being prompted to authenticate VIA the HTML Redirect Authentication page when connecting to the wireless network. I have tried substituting dashes for colons and vice-versa with the MAC Address. I have also tried creating a unique user account that is not based off of the MAC Address. The configuration guide is very weak in describing how to create this setup, so any help is greatly appreciated!

END GOAL;  Authenticate specific devices based on their MAC Address, bypassing the HTML Redirect Authentication page.  All other devices not specified have to Authenticate VIA the HTML Redirect page.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: Pass-Through MAC Authentication for Select Devices on MSM710 controller

hi

create another VSC and connect this device with second VSC

cenk

RobWIFI
Occasional Advisor

Set up you user account.

Go to PUBLIC ACCESS > ATTRIBUTES > ADD NEW ATTRIBUTE>MAC ADDRESS

Enter the MAC of the device followed by the usrname and password for the user account.

e.g. -  00:11:22:33:44:55:66, username, password

Note you -  have  max attribute list of 128, this includes AP's switches, etc etc.

CVI_Tech
Occasional Collector
Solution

Thanks, this actually helped but was not completely correct. The MAC-Address needs to be formated with dashes, not colons. Also, there needs to be no spaces between the commas. The following attribute worked for me;

00-11-22-33-EF-CD,00112233efcd,00112233efcd

With the following username/password;

Username: 00112233efcd

Password: 00112233efcd