4703 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem with 6.0.1.0 and wlan VoIP handsets

sjordet
Advisor

Problem with 6.0.1.0 and wlan VoIP handsets

Hi!

We have never really been to happy with our MSM investment. Performance always seem to degrade over time, until we reboot the AP. But because we were stupid and invested too much too fast, we don't really want to give it up yet. We started with a MSM750, which we replaced with MSM760 after the first one became EOL. We have around 170 APs, mostly MSM410 and MSM430 (and a few MSM310, MSM422 and MSM460)

Anyway, with 5.7.3.0 things weren't too shabby (altough I wish HP would include option to restart all AP's, or even better, schedule restart of all AP's)

But this weekend I thought I'd give 6.0.1.0 a chance. It was actually the smoothest upgrade I've ever had on the MSM760, so I thought that finally HP got their thing together. But Monday I got a lot of complaints about wlan voip handsets not working, or working very poorly.

It worked ok before the upgrade, and no settings have been changed. We use Alcatel Lucent handsets, but that shouldn't make any difference. Before I downgrade to 5.7.3.0 again, anyone have any ideas about what this could be?

Regards,

Stian

1 REPLY 1
sjordet
Advisor

Re: Problem with 6.0.1.0 and wlan VoIP handsets

Btw, with MSM410 AP's the phones connect to the WLAN, but when they get a call, it's just silence. With the MSM430 it works, but sound quality is very crappy. This was no problem with 5.7.3.0 at all.