4651 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with MSM760 Mobility Controller and MSM317 Access Device

kanabis
Occasional Visitor

Problem with MSM760 Mobility Controller and MSM317 Access Device

Hi All,

I've setup for my client (an 8-storey hotel) 125 nos of MSM317 connected to a MSM760 Mobility Controller. The MSM317 is powered by HP2620-PoE+ Switch at every floor. The configuration has been setup as minimal and simple (because the client is managing the system) whereas all the MSM317 is grouped according to the floors its located, all groups under one VSC, no vlan, all access device connecting through the controller LAN port. The MSM760 DHCP is off, all MSM317 are configured with static IP, the wireless client gets the ip from a dedicated DHCP server.

The problem is that the MSM317 over time will lose its connection to the controller; on the MSM760 it shows the AP as 'Waiting for Acceptance' for eternity. The log files come with the message '[Mac-Address]Cannot determine the appropriate interface to send the response, discarding response (packet-type='DiscoveryResponse')'.

Everytime this thing happens i need to reset the MSM317 to its factory default setting (by manually pressing and holding the reset button), configure the static IP, and reconnect back to the controller. It will works for few days (or weeks if i'm lucky) before it will go back to the Waiting for Acceptance mode. And as you can see, it is a nightmare to hard reset all 125 nos of MSM317 each time it happens!

Please share any thoughts or there might be someone who encounter this sort of poblem before.

And by the way the firmware is 5.7.0.3-11516

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
YenLin
Frequent Advisor

Hi, we don't have this kind of problem.

But, you know there are some new firmware like 5.7.3 and 6.0.0.

How about to try upgrade your MSM controller to at least 5.7.3?

kanabis
Occasional Visitor

Hi Yenlin,

Unfortunately, the customer didn't purchase HP carepacks and when I contacted HP customer service, they simpy said that the warranty is over and therefore cannot resolve the issue. I also cannot download the latest firmware for the very same reason.

Any other ideas?

YenLin
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kanabis,

I am not sure can we send you the software and you can use it directly.

Refer to the error message you provided.

It looks like caused by connected interface.

Would you might to follow below URL to config a vlan on your lan to communicate your MSM 317?

http://www.sourceonetechnology.com/images/MSM_Setup-Rev0_4H.pdf

It could be a bug on version 5.7.0.3, but it should can solve by some ways.

oweng
Advisor

what is your setting for provisioning the AP?