1748181 Members
4205 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with remote AP

B9Energy
Occasional Visitor

Problem with remote AP

We have a msm720 with a number of 430 AP's all the access points based on the same network are having no problems. The remote AP was working successfully until I made a change to a VCS and when I went to syncronise the configuration the remote AP will not get past uploading configuration. As far as I can tell there is no problem with communication between the controller and AP from what I can gather as I did a firmware upgrade to the controller and this was even pushed out to the remote AP, it creates management tunnel, waits for acceptance and then gets to uploading configuration and gets no further. I did get a remote user to unplug the AP to restart but this still didn't help.

Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
JesseR
Regular Advisor

Two things you can try. Reset the AP to factory default, delete it out of the controller's configuration, and when it reconnects to the controller, see if the problem persists. Or, if the remote AP is near enough that you can move it to the same local network as the controller, try placing it on the local network and see if the issue gets resolved, that way you eliminate the layer-3 part of the troubleshooting process.

Is it JUST the (1) remote AP? Or are there multiple ones having the issue?
Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

B9Energy
Occasional Visitor

I just got a user to remotely reset the AP but now we seem to be back to the same place, I will get one of the users to bring it over the the head office so I can try it locally, I was wandering was there any normal requirement needed for VPN tunnels connecting offices for the successful reconfigure as far as I know there is no protocol blocked over the VPN and under networking information -AP it states connectivity L3 which I would assume that is its own diagnostic successfully connecting L3

MSMenthousiast
Frequent Advisor

what modification did you do to your VSC?