1748275 Members
3945 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Public Access multi site MSM760

Gerjan Krul

Public Access multi site MSM760

Hi,

I'm suppossed to setup public access at a company wich has multi sites. I'll explain the situation:

There are 25 sites, at the head office there is a MSM760. At the sites are one or more MSM410 AP's. All sites have a dedicated internetlines. In this example I'll will explain two sites.

Headoffice:
MSM760: 172.25.1.1
Default gateway: 172.25.1.26
DHCP server: 172.25.1.27
DHCP server has a vendor class object to define the MSM760

Branch office:
Default gateway: 172.25.67.26
There is a IP helper wich forwards DHCP requests to 172.25.1.27.

There is one VSC on all sites, wich is used for internal use. There is WEP encryption on this VSC.

All internal users go on the internet directly through there local default gateway.

So far all of this works...

Now,

I want a second VSC for public access. I want a guest to be redirected to the internal webserver on the MSM760 and authenticate. Once authenticated, this guest must be able to go on the internet throug the local default gateway. And not throug the internet port on the MSM760.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible in the first place....

And maybe tell me how....
4 REPLIES 4
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: Public Access multi site MSM760

no do not possible

if you want guest user html authenticaiton on msm controller all guest user traffic go lan to internet port (after authentication)

so all guest users default gateway must have controller lan port
cenk

Gerjan Krul

Is a multisite not possible?
Troy Jollimore
Advisor

What he's trying to say is that authenticated users flow through the MSM760 from LAN to Internet port, which would go through the Head office's gateway. However, I don't think you're locked into doing it like this, and multi-site is one of the things this equipment is known for.

I wish I had more expertise on this equipment to tell you exactly what to do. You should be able to configure the AP to only do the authentication with the controller, and then take care of everything else from there.
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

if your all edge site connect direct to internet multi site guest authentication imposible

all other site must have get internet on central office and msm controller lan port must be guest subnet default gateway

cenk