M and MSM Series
1753905 Members
9221 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RRM - "Cannot start RRM analysis, please wait for the network to become stable."

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

RRM - "Cannot start RRM analysis, please wait for the network to become stable."

Hello,

I have two teamed controllers MSM765 and 62 access points (MSM460 & MSM466). For a few weeks, I am not able to start an RRM analysis. Neither manually, nor scheduled. Error message is:

Cannot start RRM analysis, please wait for the network to become stable.

According to the documentation, "stable" is defined as:

• All controlled APs are synchronized with the configuration settings on the controller.
  • The number of controlled radios in the network has not changed during the last 30 minutes.
  • No controlled radio in the network has had its configuration changed and synchronized during the last 30 minutes.
  • The majority (at least 99%) of the controlled APs in the network are operational and communicating with the controller.
  • All controlled radios have been operational for the Neighbor detection time (shown on the Radio configuration page for each radio).
  • The controller has received RF environment information from all controlled APs.
  • If operating in teaming mode, all team members are operational and synchronized with the team manager

I checked all of them, and they are fulfilled. The only one I don't know how to check is the underlined one: Is there a log entry for receiving RF environment information? Can I enforce APs to send RF environment settings?

Does anyone have an idea on how this situation can be resolved and RRM can be used again?

2 REPLIES 2
Ascendor
Frequent Advisor

Re: RRM - "Cannot start RRM analysis, please wait for the network to become stable."

Opened support case 5322709868.

Ascendor
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: RRM - "Cannot start RRM analysis, please wait for the network to become stable."

HPE support found the cause. One access point was repeatedly losing connection to the controller (exactly every 5 minutes for some strange unknown reason). After factory resetting the access point, the situation stabelized.

Here's the log entry that uncovered the problem (from Team >Tools > System log > Unfiltered log):

Sep 11 14:01:53.365 warn 00:24:A8:XX:XX:XX rfmgr_sc: RRM message channel to AP [98:4B:E1:XX:XX:XX] lost connection