M and MSM Series
1748123 Members
3307 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RT2860AP

hdus

RT2860AP

I'm working with a 3Com Cable/DSL 11n Firewall router 3CRWER300-73 with the newest firmware 1.11.01. When I activate the Wireless Mode of the router the system is broadcasted as RT2860AP without any security totally open. I believe that all security settings are made correct. The defined SID is not broadcasted. What's the reason for this mistery?? I never defined an open secureless SID RT2860AP but this ist the only one which I can detect as SID broadcaster.

I'll appreciate any help.

--hdus

This message was edited by hdus on 11-22-09 @ 12:56 PM
10 REPLIES 10
hdus

I'm working with a 3Com Cable/DSL 11n Firewall router 3CRWER300-73 with the newest firmware 1.11.01. When I activate the Wireless Mode of the router the system is broadcasted as RT2860AP without any security totally open. I believe that all security settings are made correct. The defined SID is not broadcasted. What's the reason for this mistery?? I never defined an open secureless SID RT2860AP but this ist the only one which I can detect as SID broadcaster.

I'll appreciate any help.

--hdus

This message was edited by hdus on 11-22-09 @ 12:56 PM
Qwerty_1
Occasional Advisor

ndus

I have same problem :(

if I turn off wifi by button, then turn off and on router, and then on wifi by button I get unsecured AP with SID RT2860AP.

Firmware 1.11.01

2 Techno

1) yes, this is 'my' SID

2) yes

3) same results even if I does not change any settings.

Qwerty_1
Occasional Advisor

No one with same problem?....

Qwerty_1
Occasional Advisor

looks like I should return device to seller :(

This message was edited by Qwerty on 1-22-10 @ 1:05 PM
Techno
Regular Advisor

Querty

You really need to log a support case for this !!

If you are out of support, contact 

Customer Advocacy Team (CAT)  on "GSO_EMEA_CAT@3com.com " and log a complaint with them.

Good luck

The Tech Man Has Spoken....
Qwerty_1
Occasional Advisor

They are reject my request (unauthorized seller)

Techno
Regular Advisor

Have you tried registering your Router on Esupport  ?  http://emea.3com.com/support/esupport.html

They do not check reseller there, and if your router has not been registerd yet, you may be able to get Phone Support too for 90 days...

Hope this helps

Qwerty_1
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I have. Same problem...

nevets_1

I have the ADSL wireless router 11n firewall.  Ethernet connects OK , but the wireless when an  encryption is applied it will not work , and  comes up with certificate not found . When the encryption is off works fine but have open access. I have tried several encryption's all the same . Thank you for any help.