1753510 Members
5659 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Routing issue - multiple subnets, 22 AP's, MSM760, Guest Access

Tim Dressel
Occasional Advisor

Routing issue - multiple subnets, 22 AP's, MSM760, Guest Access

Hi folks, I've attached a drawing of my current setup. The problem I'm having is that in the current config on my guest VSC configured to listen on the client data tunnel, the clients don't get an IP from the controller, and hence no HTML login page.

If I remove the 10.9.0.100 default route on the controller, add the 142.28.37.1 gateway, and stick a radio on the 10.9.0.0/16 subnet, everything works properly on that subnet. All other radios in other subnets drop off the grid (this is expected because the controller does not know how to leave the subnet).

If I add back the 10.9.0.100 gateway, I loose the ability to talk to the controller, and my radios still won't communicate with the controller.

I have two VSC's which use the controller for authentication, and just the guest VSC which uses the controller for access control and authentication.

I have a feeling that I can't actually make it work this way, and the management and config guide does not seem to have an example like this. If I can't make it work this way, where should I be physically placing the controller, and what IP's should I be assigning to Lan, Internet, and what default route(s) should I be defining.

Thanks!

Tim

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Tim Dressel
Occasional Advisor

Re: Routing issue - multiple subnets, 22 AP's, MSM760, Guest Access

Hi folks,

I had a good vendor (Softchoice) leverage a connection with HP. :)

Anyways, the fix was as follows from a routing standpoint (I still have a guest wireless access issue but I'll start a new thread on that shortly).

Add default route pointing to my internet gateway with 0 metric (no other default routes).

Add an active route pointing to 10.0.0.0/8 with gateway 10.9.0.100.

All is well!