M and MSM Series
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar (and/or wind)-powered Gig 802.3af POE solution to suit MSMxxx wireless product suite

Highlighted
Colin_Airpass
Occasional Advisor

Solar (and/or wind)-powered Gig 802.3af POE solution to suit MSMxxx wireless product suite

I don't know if anyone-else has ever been asked to do 'solar-powered wifi' or not (it's a bit left-field to be honest) but if you have and you struggled for a solution, then drop me a line and i can help with the power-systems side of it. We've developed our own Solar-Powered Gig 802.3af midspan POE injector. We use it a lot for rapid-deployment, vehicle-mount and also temporary networks.

Just thought i'd throw it out there.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
ND-Rancher
Occasional Visitor

Re: Solar (and/or wind)-powered Gig 802.3af POE solution to suit MSMxxx wireless product suite

I am interested in a solution to the 802.3AF POE issue.  My installations are solar powered 12 volt DC systems for IP Cams and Radios which relay the camera information to a central site.  It would be nice to utilize POE for the cameras, but all the 802.3AF (required for the cameras) injectors seem to require AC power.  There is no provision for direct 12 volt DC input.