Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum analysis & IDS In version 6.0.1

Highlighted
Georgeisaac
Advisor

Spectrum analysis & IDS In version 6.0.1

Hi,

1.Will it show non Wi-Fi interference..? Eg interfernce due to blue tooth..I have MSM 720 with mobilty license but I am nt able to see any non WIFI signatures..

2. Can I identify clients which connected to rogue devices..?

Please help

Regards

George

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
David J Wood
Trusted Contributor

Re: Spectrum analysis & IDS In version 6.0.1

I should preface these comments by saying that I don't have a controller - I only use the MSM460 standalone. I may be ignorant of features only available in a controlled setup.

The only way I would expect you to detect non-WiFi interference is by a raised noise floor (i.e. a higher noise figure).

A client connecting to a rogue device is purely a matter for the client. If connection to a rogue device is unacceptable, you need to apply suitable administrative restrictions to the clients. To prevent trivial circumvention, for example by setting up a rogue AP with a trusted SSID, you'd need to use WPA(2)-Enterprise and have your network profiles set to testing for the CN of the RADIUS server's certificate and that the certificate was issued by a CA you trust. These are all standard features on Windows wireless profiles.

If you want the ability to sniff WiFi traffic to detect clients on rogue APs, you'd need a solution designed for this task, for example hardware that can collect raw 802.11 packets for later analysis by Wireshark or similar.

Highlighted
Georgeisaac
Advisor

Re: Spectrum analysis & IDS In version 6.0.1

David,

Thanks for reply.

We need controller.

with version 6 we will be able to detect clients connected to rogue APs.

Spectrum analysis and non wifi signature detection requires IMC 7 with WSM module.