Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syn Flood Problem with Google Image Search

Highlighted
amnoid
Occasional Visitor

Syn Flood Problem with Google Image Search

Hi- Seems like I am having a Sym Flood problem with Google Image search on y 3COM 

<meta charset="utf-8" />3CRWER300-73 - when my Firewall is set to HIGH, no images are shown in the search results (just grey squares). When I set the router firwwall to MEDIUM, the images appear.

I tried changing the Maximum incomplete TCP/UDP sessions number from same host to 20 (from the default 10), but that did not help- I even raised it to 50- but no help. Only lowering the Firewall level to MEDIUM helps. 

Any tips/ideas how to stay at HIGH while still being able to see google images search thumbnails?

Thanks

<meta charset="utf-8" />

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Techno
Regular Advisor

Re: Syn Flood Problem with Google Image Search

Syn Flood is a type of DOS attack, in your case, this coudl jsut be an automated system by your ISP Proxies designed to check the connecting IP.  A work around could be:

1- Make sure your router Ping Reply is disabled.

2- This sounds liek your ISP has routing issues which causes such replies to you from Google, I don't get such messages when doing Google Image search and my forewall is always High.

3 - check what MTU is your connection using, Cable shodl use 1500, try reducing that to 1400

The Tech Man Has Spoken....