5086 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Teaming two MSN 765ZL wireless controllers

Amarneh
Occasional Advisor

Teaming two MSN 765ZL wireless controllers

Dears,

i am trying to team two MSM 765ZL modules and i am not able to do that..please help me in this since it is very urgent to my client...

the two cores are connected with a 10 gig trunk cable.

if you have any good document with pictures and the exact steps to do it, will be much better.

hope to hear from you soon.

regards,

Moh

8 REPLIES 8
Amarneh
Occasional Advisor

the controllers running the latest code which is 5.7.1.1-12533
Fredrik L├╢nnman
Honored Contributor

Been a few years since I did this last but... make sure the LAN ports are in the same subnet and reachable from the other controller, and configure one of the controllers as team master. Maybe need to reboot the other controller before it can join. Its outlined pretty good in the documents I think.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Amarneh
Occasional Advisor

actually, everything working fine with the physcal connections but i am not sure if i did it correctly.

the teaming configured correctly but the manager controller deteced the member but it halts on the waiting for acceptance status...not sure why,,any clues???

Amarneh
Occasional Advisor

i am getting this error message on the controller:

can't get SC team member info from mac address

Teufel Martin
Occasional Advisor

Did you solve this Problem?

i have got the same problem today.

2 Controller; first one upgarde to team manager; second controller joined to the team.

err cfg2openvpn-server: Could not get SC team member info from MAC address.
info cfg2openvpn-server: SC team member config not found yet. Retrying....

Martin

Arimo
Respected Contributor

1. Ensure your Default Route points to LAN or Internet port subnet - not to a VLAN

2. With the member controller only  provide appropriate IP addresses and Default Route - no other configuration

3. If you have MSM765 controllers, ensure there's no rate-limiting in the controller ports

That should do it.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
eriitguy
Occasional Visitor

Hello!

We have got the same error when trying to configure a "Teaming" using two identical "MSM765 zl" controllers with firmware 6.6.4.0-23010.

I found the article HPE MSM Wireless Controller - Team is Broken After the Configuration has been Changed, but it say that the issue was fixed in the firmware 6.6.2 and I don't know if this is our case because we didn't get indicated errors on the master controller.

We also checked Arimo advices. But we still get the error on the slave controller: "cfg2openvpn-server: Could not get SC team member info from MAC address.".

Maybe someone have an idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

MaxHP

Hello,

Faced the same issue with 2 MSM765 both running 6.6.4.0-23010. Could not create Teaming with the already configured Manager controller. Checked everything from controllers to hosting switches several times. Even tried to factory reset the second controller, restore to it the configuration from the first one, factory reset the first one and create Teaming with the second controller as Manager. Same thing.

Only after factory resetting both controllers Teaming was successfully created. Probably there is something in the existing  configuration that is not compatible with Teaming. If it is the case validation should have indicated this, which it did not.

This tiny guide might help. HP MSM Controller Series - Troubleshoot Teaming issues. http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000005588