1753368 Members
5087 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: UAP Page without using HTML Login on an MSM760

Joe_NITEC
Advisor

UAP Page without using HTML Login on an MSM760

We have an MSM760 that we are configuring for a customer and they require that visitors connecting to a Guest VSC see and accept a User Acceptance Policy.

They require that the guest wireless network is secure and so we are not using HTML authentication at present as the customer does not want to use certificates to secure this network.. The issue that we have is that we cannot see how to present the UAP Page to the visitors without using HTML login.

We do not want to introduce additional equipment in to the Guest network and would like it all to be controlled va the MSM760.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Joe

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Joe_NITEC
Advisor

I have resolved this issue myself

However is there a way to configure the HTML login not to display the session,asp page when the guest is connecting using a mobile device - its a bit annoying on the iPhone as it opens a new window.

Its not a big deal if you cant it would just make it a bit slicker.

Joe

ndoudna
Frequent Advisor

Just wondering, how did you resolve the first problem?  (sorry, no answer on the 2nd...)

Joe_NITEC
Advisor

You can use HTML login in conjunction with the WPA/WEP security settings.  The user authenticated to the wireless network with the PSK and when they first try to browse they are presented with the HTML login page.

I wasnt aware that it was possible to do this but its useful to know that this works.

In order to present a Acceptable Use Policy I enabled the Free Access option on the controller which then displayed this option on the HTML login page.  This allowed me to modify the pages on the built in web server to remove the username and password box, modify the text to the required UAP and rename the Free Access button to "I accept" and once the user clicks on it they are granted web access as expected.

abdulrafe13

Disabling the auth. page is not sollution,on single device it may possible but when nos of devices are more and want auth and HTML security,so what's the sollution.

Joe_NITEC
Advisor

Thankfully the customer did not require HTML authentication in this case