1753922 Members
7213 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable received DHCP IP address from MSM310 in different vlan

Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Re: Unable received DHCP IP address from MSM310 in different vlan

in the AP did you condigure vlan 12 and assigned it ip address then on the guest ssid did you configure vlan 12 as egress vlan ?
Ryan Cheah
Occasional Advisor

Hi Shadow13,

I did configured vlan 12 and as egress in the AP but i didn't assigned ip address on Guest ssid. I thought no need to assigned ip address to Guest ssid because it will recognize the vlan id.
Ryan Cheah
Occasional Advisor

Hi Cenk,

I had try used my laptop to connected to the port 17 and it is working fine. Once the port 17 assigned to tagged , i could got the staff ip address 192.168.100.x. I reconfigured port 17 assigned to untagged, i also could got the guess ip address 10.1.12.x. My dhcp server nic ip config /all is 192.168.10.x/16 and gateway 192.168.20.1. My dhcp server and the ap is at the same floor.
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

/16 mean the network is 192.168.x.x
if you are using multiple vlans on the AP tag the AP's port in all the vlans that are defined on the controller
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

one more thing, there is an option on the VSC itself "Wireless Security Filter" please uncheck it and save.
Ryan Cheah
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys,

It's very strange after i rebooted core-switch is working now. Before that i have upgraded the core-switch firmware. Thank you so much for assist me.