4237 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

V-M200 SNMP support

stainta
Occasional Collector

V-M200 SNMP support

Hello,

I am trying to monitor some V-M200 AP´s using SNMP v2. In the manual it says that this model supports both industry standard MIB II objects as well as HP-specific MIBs. Also, if LLDP is active, this information is also available.

By using snmpwalk  we can see that, as stated in the manual, the MIB II objects and LLDP information are both present. However, the HP-specific MIBs, which are the ones from Colubris Networks, are only partially supported, not giving information about parameters as important as number of users connected (the most important for me), communities defined or power transmitted, which are basic to monitor an AP.

Therefore, I would like to know if there is any plan in the future to extend the SNMP monitoring for those parameters by supporting the additional Colubris MIBs. And if not, I would like to know if there is any other way to get them (not counting the web interface).I have seen that there is an SSH server active, but I have not been able to login with the default username/password. Perhaps that´s another possibility?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
MikaelSyska
Occasional Collector

Re: V-M200 SNMP support

Have you found any solution?

I'm also looking into monitoring out V-M200 AP's ... I also can't find the right OID to look at.

mvh

stainta
Occasional Collector

No, but I haven't looked too much into it. At the end we had a bigger issue due to the problem mentioned in:

h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=4318739

Right now I am waiting for an e-mail from HP with the link to the firmware 5.5.2.4-01-10021to try to solve it. Maybe they also added the necessary OID´s with this release...

gglater
Regular Advisor

There is no version 5.5.x for the M200. 

You should not be using MIBs obtained from Colubris.  Here are the MIBs for the M200 product.

--glen

stainta
Occasional Collector

However, many of those MIBs are not implemented. As an example, the Colubris-Wireless-Clients-MIB, which is included in the zip you attached, is not supported by the AP. And thus, no information about the clients connected can be obtained through SNMP (only using the web interface).

gglater
Regular Advisor

You are correct that many of the MIBs are not supported.

The M200 is a SMB (small/medium business) product and as such does not include a full SNMP implementation in its feature set.

I regret misleading anyone by posting the MIB set.

If you want an enterprise level access point, you should consider the MSM410 (single radio 802.11N AP) or the MSM430 or MSM460 (dual radion 802.11N APs.)

--glen