7891 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: V-M200 disconnection.

Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

Hello Again,

I commented earlier in this thread that HP was working on the problems being experienced - and I asked that those who were having problems log a support case.  If you don't already have a support case, please log one now. www.hp.com/networking/contact-support

CLARIFICATION: 11 May 2012

There are many reasons why clients may have connection issues. It is important that you contact support and provide all the information they request, so that HP may help you diagnose your problem and determine whether available software fixes will resolve your problem. 

When new software is available, we will post that information on this thread.

Thank you,

Lynn-Marie

Global Support Engineering

Accept or Kudo

gglater
Regular Advisor

A software update has been posted that may help to resolve many of the issues described here.

--glen

bahamot
Occasional Advisor

Now that I updated to new firmware and tried to deploy the access point but clients are dropping off on the first day of commission.

I won't bother to contact HP support ever again because they treat me like I was a thief. So rude!
Lynn-Marie
Valued Contributor

Hi Bahamot -

As you know, there are many issues that can affect wireless connectivity, and it is made all the more complex since it is invisible and intangible. It sounds a bit like you are experiencing something different than what the firmware fix was designed to address.

I'm so sorry for your negative support experience! Please let me help get you connected with someone that can work with you to help root cause your issue and get it resolved. Will you private message me your case number and let me know the hours you can be contacted?

Kind regards,

Lynn-Marie

Global Support Engineer

Accept or Kudo

NetoMeza

Hello everybody.
I have strugled with similar problems that you describe.
Issues here go since the moment I start to set up the AP wireless connection. I have to reset 2 or 3 times the AP to set it up again and again before it finally starts working. Once it happens, connection hangs frecuently and there seems not to be a solution for this; not an easy and fast one.

I've read that this thread has started a year ago more or less, but we find it unbelievable from HP brand not to provide an efficient solution in all this time. We have recently bought three or four of these devices, and they all have had the same kind of problems mentioned here. It would be nice HP takes real acknowledge about this problem and try to provide a different response than opening a service ticket on phone technical support. In our case, we need to use these devices in several enterprises and we cannot afford them if they hang up in the middle of a rush hour internet required work. 

Sorry for bad english. What else can we do to solve this issue?

PetraC
Frequent Collector

Please keep this topic updated if somebody knows a bit more; I'm observing the same issue regarding the disconnects or even cell phone devices that can't connect at all and where we get 'bad network device' on the cell phone while talking against the M200 over WIFI

We are evaluating to buy as well the M220 as an alternative option but that one is lacking QoS to be configured on the device per SSID (it only offers QoS through Switch functionality (VLANtagged)) and even more its missing the wireless isolation option that the M200 does offer per SSID so its not a good fit for our environment where we need the SSID isolation per client as its a wide open public SSID with no key. Now with the M220 you can only setup AP station isolation but the description of that functionality throws up more questions then answers.

If somebody has some good tips to reduce the disconnects then let us know I have disabled LLDP etc. already.

Mauiguyharry

Just noticed this problem with my users.  They will be connected to the wifi doing their work.  Leave their laptop idled for about 10 minutes come back to do some work and they are no longer connected.  They will have to reconnect to the wifi or reboot their laptop to get a wifi connection.

Listed below is from the log files for one of my users.  Is there a reason for this and what is the fix?

Disassociate received(Reason: Sending station is leaving BSS)

Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

SINDIBADE
Advisor

HEllo everybody,

We deployed two HP M200 access point in a new network. We have expecting a hung on both access point three times in the day.

All clients still connect for the radio but no traffic is forworded.

LAN port is configured as trunk for two Vlans and there is no error on.

In the radio side, we see the important percentage of errors on radio 2,4G in N mode with Encryption WPA2/AES.

We have doing software upgrade and problem still occure.

The most solution privided is to restart at each time the access point.

Any sugestion for this issue

Regards

3Com VCX IP Telephony Solution Architect, CCNA, CCDA, CSE
HP AIS Network Infrastructure